GUIDELINES FOR INVESTORS
Small Scale Industry setup
Industrial activities up to Rupees 1 Crore in Plant & Machinery is classified as Small Scale Industry. General Manager, District Industries Centre/ Managing Director, Industrial Area Development Authority (IADA) will issue provisional and permanent registration to enable the unit to obtain power supply, water supply, telephone and industrial clearance from various departments.
Large and Medium Scale Industry setup
Industrial Investment more than Rupees 1 Crore in plant & machinery comes under Large & Medium Industry. Under this category there are two types of registration, viz.
- IEM (Industrial entrepreneur memorandum) for non Licensed item,
- IL (Industrial License) for Licensed Item (such as Highly Polluting Industries).
Procedure For setting up Large & Medium Industry
- Investor has to file an application with Government of India, which will be forwarded to Director of Industries for examining the location restriction and line of activity and recommend to Government of India.
- For the implementation of the Industrial project, recommend to Government of India Agency.
- In case of special permission or sanction that involves higher-level permission, placing matter in the State Investment Promotion Committees headed by the Chief Secretary, who will clear the issue.
- Apart from Industrial clearance, Department of Industries will take up the difficulties faced by the industrial units and coordinate with various departments to resolve all problems and issues so as to make the unit functional.
- Government of Jharkhand in G.O. No. 1888 dated 25.8.2001 has announced the following scheme of facilities / incentive 2001 to investment subsidy to Industrial units which has been established in the state and commenced Commercial Production after 15.11.2000 to 31.3.2005.
- Capital Investment Incentives
- Captive Power Generating Subsidy
- Interest Subsidy
- Stamp Duty & Registration
- Employment Generation based Incentives
- Special Incentive for thrust Area / EOU and SC/ST /Women / Ex servicemen and Handicapped persons
- Feasibility study - Project Report cum reimbursement subsidy
- Pollution control equipment subsidy
- Incentive for Quality Certification
- Providing approach road subsidy
- Special package for Mega Projects