AUTO & WHITE GOODS SECTOR
Opportunities in the auto sector and the white goods sector are abound due to ...
- Proximity to raw material sources
- Large market base in & around the state
- Large SE Asian export market
This makes Jharkhand attractive for Automobile & White goods manufacturers.
- Presence of Steel plants like Tata Steel and Bokaro Steel Plant in Jharkhand provide freight advantage in
sourcing CR sheets.
- Long presence of world class industries and many more large industries in and around the state, including South-Eastern
Railways, have created an Excellent vendor base to support Automobile and White goods sector.
- TELCO produces Trucks for the domestic and export markets.
- Usha Martin, Timken, Cummins, TRF, Tinplate, HEC, Indal, ICI, TAYO, etc. produce a wide range of engineering products.
- Hindustan Copper, Central Coalfields and Bharat Coking Coal are into Mining (Copper and Coal) and coking coal respectively.
- There are No white goods manufacturer in the state, nor in the adjoining state of Bihar, thus creating tremendous
- Combined market of Jharkhand and Bihar is more than 5% of all India market.
- Other nearby markets in Orissa, West Bengal and Chattisgarh.
- Consumer demand for white goods like refrigerators, washing machines, air conditioners, etc is high in the state and is ever increasing