Opportunities exist in the following areas:
- Construction of new Roads and upgradation of existing Roads & Highways.
- Construction of new Airports and expansion/ upgradation of existing Airports.
- Construction of new Township for the State Capital.
- Construction of Air Cargo Complex at Ranchi.
Development of Industrial Parks & Zones
- Export Promotion Industrial Park at Dhanbad.
- Development of SEZs and EPZs
- SEZs along -
- Barhi - Ranchi National Highway
- Jamshedpur - Ranchi National Highway
- Adityapur - Kandra - Chowka State Highway
- Chandil - Chakuliya - Bahragora National Highwa
Development of 3-tier Growth Centres
- Mega Growth Centres at BARHI & HAZARIBAGH
- Several Mini Growth Centres to boost specialized activities:
- Biotech and Herbs Park
- Food Processing Park at Ranchi & Dumka
- Science City at Bokaro
- Plastic Park at Koderma
- Chemical Park
- Tasar/ Silk Park at Chaibasa & Godda
- STP at Ranchi and Jamshedpur
- Electronics Park at Namkum/ Tatisilwai
- Micro Growth Centres at Block level to boost Village based Industries.
IT & Telecom Infrastructure
There is great potential for setting up IT & Telecom Infrastructure with state-wide spread of
fiber-optics, satellite communication and wireless networks.
State's Major IT Targets:
- $ 5 billion annual export from Jharkhand IT Industry by 2010.
- Reach Computer Networks down to block level offices and bring village level e-governance by 2005.